Function: Warehouse Manager
Contract: Fulltime – initial temporary contract for 1 year, with aims to a permanent contract after this time.
We are looking for an experienced, proactive Warehouse Manager, fluent in Dutch and English, who will be responsible for managing teams to achieve order fulfilment and product wrapping from our new facility in Venlo. This role will be reporting directly to the Operations & Site Manager.
- People Management
Oversee the wrapping, picking, despatch and receiving teams to deliver on order fulfilment and utilise available staff resources. We have a very simple mission, which is to get the orders cleared each week, with all teams pulling together to get the orders out to customers as soon as possible. You will carry out staff training, remedy problems and issues, approve holidays and maintain adequate staffing levels.
- Inventory checking and booking-in
responsible for managing the stock booking-in procedures and ensuring the receiving team process and manoeuvre stock correctly around the warehouse
use inventory system to manage orders, generate batches and control the flow of orders through despatch and pick departments
make sure that all staff are supported to achieve their targets and are happy in their roles
- Carrier and Collection Supervision
Liaise with the carriers and our Distributions Manager to solve any issues and ensure smooth courier collections each day. Organize restocking of required to carry out collections from the carriers
- Monitor Supplies
alerting Office manager about procurement needs. Ensure back-up tech and sufficient excess supplies to see that we never run out of essential working items.
- Health & Safety
responsibility for mandatory staff training including inductions, manual handling, safe use of equipment and ensure that personal protective equipment is always used. Test fire alarm and escape plans and generally ensure staff safety and comfort.
- At least 1 year of experience in warehouse management, including references.
- Fluent in both Dutch and English, and any other languages would be a bonus.
- Comprehensive PC skills, especially in use of email and Office packages, full training will be provided in use of our systems. Experience of inventory systems would be advantageous.
- Problem solving and coming up with safe solutions is essential in this role as no two days will be the same and there will be constant challenges in delivering successful fulfilment of orders.
- Full drivers’ license.
What we offer
- Working in a rapidly growing business and one of the fastest growing start-ups throughout Europe.
- Salary is €35-45k depending on experience, and benefits should include private healthcare, life cover and pension
- 25 days paid holidays plus holiday payment of 8% of salary.
- We are offering an initial temporary contract for one year, with aims to offer a permanent contract after this time to the right person, with 3 months probation
and monthly review during the probationary period.